Sales Representative's primary responsibility is to achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets through strategic territory planning, relationship building, sales and clinical expertise.
This position requires the following skills and experience:
- This will involve driving growth through new business start-up and expansion in hospitals, departments and clinics, by new account targeting and conversion.
- Selling and demonstrating products and technology to Consultant Surgeons in the Operating Room (OR)
- High levels of persuasion and the ability to quickly build up trust and credibility at the Consultant Surgeon level through product, procedural and clinical knowledge
- To discuss and agree with the Consultant Surgeon(s) individual patient-based solutions
- Practical support of surgeons and nurses in the Operating Room and in post-surgery departments
- The ability to absorb complex scientific and clinical information and to impart this knowledge credibly to the clinician
- Consultative Selling
- Premium priced product selling through value added solutions
- Evidence–based medicine selling
- A tangible passion and ethos for successful patient outcomes
The customer base includes Consultant Surgeons and their surgeon teams, specialised Nursing staff, OR Management, Budget Holders, Finance departments, Procurement, Pharmacists, etc.
The hospital account base includes University Hospitals, District General Hospitals, Private Hospital Groups.
The hospital departments include General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Oncological Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Trauma, Hepato-Biliary Surgery, Vascular Surgery, etc, depending on the specified country.
All hospital departments involve clinician meetings in the Operating Room, and may include Intensive Care, Post-operative surgery ward and clinics, etc.
Truly know and manage the assigned territory; business, hospitals and customers
Take ownership of the territory business and ensure its results
Accurate weekly/monthly forecasting of planned business as requested by management
Identification of sales prospects and new account potential (new hospital, surgeon or department)
Establish a revenue flow by identifying and closing new opportunities
Being a ‘Consultant to the Consultant’ (Consultative selling)
Strong relationship building and being viewed as a valuable team member by the hospital team
Strong intra-operative and post-operative clinician support
Value added selling
- Evidence–based selling
TERRITORY, REPORTING & COLLABORATION:
Reporting to the National Sales Manager
Coordination with the team and other departments within Integra to ensure customer satisfaction to achieve country and corporate financial and qualitative goals
Other departments include Sales Administration, Customer Service and tenders, Account Receivables, Sales Statistics, Marketing, Compliance, Regulatory, Quality, Legal, CRM process management, training department, consignment team and other UK and EMEA sales teams
Development of a written strategic business plan for forecasting and targeting key accounts in first 3 months
Prepare quarterly action plans with weekly updates
Reach sales and market share objectives as defined by regional manager and senior management
Analysis of sales territory opportunities and growth potential by using market databases in order to identify prospective customers
Targeting and development of new account opportunities
Identification of all personnel in the decision making process
Analysis of sales performance using daily sales reports
Price negotiation with customers within available pricing parameters
Attend and actively participate in compulsory company training courses. Achieve satisfactory test results
Apply the Integra selling skills sales process as defined
Provide reports to Manager on time, e.g. account performance, implemented action plans, objectives
Identify and report back to manager:
Competitor activity and threat
New product market information and entry
- Market Feedback, e.g. changes in clinical practice, surgical techniques, etc.
- Macro-economic changes and economic or purchasing changes within individual hospitals
- Perform sales administrative duties in a timely manner and as defined by management
- Submit monthly expenses accurately and on time
- Maintain accurate account files relating to visits, contacts, opportunities and forecasts by using the CRM tool
- Provide feedback as requested to Marketing Department
- Identify and solve customers’ concerns: report complaints to quality within the corporate guidelines