Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 3,300 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
Perform database, system and end-user related tasks required to support the business. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
• Install and configure SQL servers, ensuring that the underlying server hardware, storage and Operating Systems are functioning properly, and ensuring standard SQL setup and configuration procedures are followed.
• Work closely with business application support teams in planning, implementing and optimizing SQL databases to support SQL based business applications.
• Optimize SQL performance, perform daily database system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of database systems, and troubleshoot issues, ensure backend database availability and performance in order to support business database applications.
• Manage and maintain database security. Support and manage backup and recovery procedures for global SQL databases. Perform maintenance including SQL upgrades and patching.
Perform database development tasks required to support the business. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
• Support SQL data warehouse, develop and execute database queries, conduct analyses, and help with ETL process in the BI environment.
• Design and implement ETL with Microsoft SQL server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Gather and analyze data from various IT system and application databases (Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, HP OpenView, Dell OpenManager, LANSweeper) with T-SQL.
• Design and develop reporting solution with Microsoft Cloud PowerBI tool and SQL reporting service.
Support, manage and maintain daily operations of infrastructure systems. These systems may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot internally hosted various Linux server distributions, and Oracle databases on the hosted Linux server.
• Perform daily server monitoring, maintain data backups. Create and schedule Linux scripts to automat system and database tasks and daily maintenances.
• Windows OS security patching for SQL servers.
Research, recommend and apply new technologies to improve and enhance the SQL database systems in support of business needs.
This may include, but is not limited to the following:
• Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for successful planning and execution of SQL database activities, as well as recommend solutions for SQL service redundancy and disaster recovery.
• Assist IS infrastructure management in database system capacity planning, design, implementation, development, and execution of contingency plans, and creating standards and procedures for database systems.
• Assist IS project manager in project planning and implementation as necessary. Supports integration and system upgrades as necessary. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed throughout information systems projects.
Support IT infrastructure asset reporting
• Maintain the LANSweeper asset management application database.
• Keep updating reports on global server and PCs inventories and Microsoft server OS licenses.
Creates and maintains accurate documentation including information systems design, operational procedures, security polices, change management, system validation.
Perform off-hours maintenance and provide off-hours support of information systems as needed.
Complete all company-required training related to FDA and industry compliance, and adhere to company standard operating procedures. Attend all required information systems meetings.
Exercise effective interpersonal and communications skills, capable of writing purchase justifications, explaining complex technical issues using simple terms, making presentations and providing training to internal audience, and interacting positively with information systems management and colleagues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, IS, MIS, or related fields and 8-10 years of experience in a similar capacity, or two-year degree/technical school diploma and 10-12 years of experience in a similar capacity. Technical certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCDBA, Oracle, Linux/Unix et al) may make up for educational requirements.
Database and Operating Systems
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008, t-SQL, and Microsoft BI stack including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
• Knowledge of SQL high availability solutions, such as SQL cluster and AlwaysOn
• Knowledge of Windows PowerShell and Linux scripts. Knowledge of SQL reporting service and Cloud PowerBI tools
• Knowledge of Linux servers and Microsoft Windows server systems
• Working knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office Suite, Project, and Visio, with the ability to use them in creating technical documents, training documents, presentations, and systems diagrams.