As part of the New Product Development team at Integra, this position will be responsible for managing molding and extrusion activities to manufacture polymer components used in our medical devices. Working with R&D, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Finance and external suppliers, this position will have responsibility to assure timely development and validation of molding tools, polymer materials, and finished good components that are molded and extruded. This position will also be responsible for base business projects involving polymer-related manufacturing issues at our suppliers, and to proactively implement cost savings opportunities for existing polymer components.
- Support the Integra new product development teams by providing technical solutions for all molded / extruded components that are used in new products and work with R&D to ensure that designs are optimized for manufacturability and cost
- Specify, develop, purchase and qualify tooling, fixtures and equipment used in molding operations
- Select and validate new polymer materials for molding and extrusion applications
- Manage the execution of all validation activities associated with new molded/extruded components and assemblies
- Manage the activities performed by Integra’s molding and extrusion suppliers
- Manage base business projects that involved polymer materials and molded components, including resolution of quality-related problems with released product that require analysis and implementation of corrective actions
- Research new molding and extrusion suppliers and processes